May 08, 2019
Please join the 9th grade from Woodstock Day school in raising money for Woodstock Travels, a local nonprofit organization that, supports projects at several public schools, boys’ and girls’ homes, and NGOs (nonprofit organizations) in Nepal and India. One of our ongoing projects is to fund and organize health camps for people in need, with a focus on marginalized groups. Our current health camp project is supporting a Chepang community living in an undeveloped area outside of Hetauda, Nepal.
Woodstock Travels just returned from a trip to India and Nepal last week. We traveled with 10 students from Kingston High School and Woodstock Day School.
Here is a list of Service programs we supported on this trip:
- Create small documentaries and photo essays for NGOs, nonprofits, and local businesses in India and Nepal that need content to further their goals – fundraising, publicity, urgent appeals, and more.
- Collaborated with the nonprofit organization Education Health Nepal to purchase new technology like webcams, headsets, etc. for two rural public schools located outside of Pokhara, Nepal. This will allow the students to be tutored by volunteers located in England.
- Purchased new equipment including 2 laptops for D.I.R. health program located in India. Volunteers were in need of the necessary tools to continue their door-to-door health care program located in Chandigarh, India.
- Contributed funding for at least one month of food for Samarpan feeding program located in Panchkula, India.
- Repaired the basketball courts at the UCEP Boy’s Home in Kathmandu and supported a basketball clinic including basketballs and other equipment.
The show will be from 7:30 until 9:30. Tim Sutton from Woodstock Travels will give a brief presentation followed by musical performances from:
- Woodstock Day School 9th graders
- Peter Dougan
- Robert Burke Warren
- Tim Sutton
- Alyssa Dann
Thank you for your support and we’ll see you there!
Add to your Calendar
** Please note: due to the limited seating and intimate setting at the Cafe, we cannot accept reservations or provide advanced ticket sales.